DRAIN AND SEWER MAINTENANCE
A bacteria based drain maintenance program can be successful taking a few factors under consideration.
- Do the people using the drain lines exercise discipline in what they allow to enter the drains?
- Know what materials enter the drain. I.e., plant fiber, seeds, protein, grease, etc. …
- Minimize water temperature and chemicals
There are specific bacteria strains which have the ability to produce enzymes to break down organic debris in the drain line. If your drain line has a garbage disposer attached to it, you will want a cellulase bacteria to quickly decompose fibers and vegetation. If you are introducing protein based material into your drain, you will want to use a bacteria known as Protease. Amylase will concentrate its efforts on digesting starch, carbohydrates and sugars found in fruits and vegetables.
Dairy processing factories obviously dispose of a lot of fluids which curd once they lay in a sewer line. To dispose of dairy waste products, use lactase bacteria.
There is one type of organic material which does not easily leave a sewer and drain line. We are now speaking of oils, fats and grease. Lipase bacteria can be used to break these substances apart. However, unless they are flushed out of the drain and sewer, the grease, fats and oils will become a puddle of black liquid, which will harden and create a stubborn blockage. If you are treating your drain and sewer lines with Lipase bacteria, it will be a good idea to find a drain cleaning company who can hydro-scrub the drain lines, scouring and flushing the pipe.
Here are the various types of bacteria you may use to successfully maintain your drain lines. Remember, these bacteria are not tolerant of high water temperature and chemicals. If you feel you have destroyed the bacteria colony using scolding hot water or caustic chemicals, flush the drain lines and introduce more bacteria.
- Cellulose is excellent for breaking apart fibers from fruits and vegetables which may have entered the drain lines.
- Alpha-glycosidase can break apart root fibers which may have infiltrated the sewer lines.
- Protease is effective on eliminating proteins from eggs, meats and cheeses.
- Amylase for breaking apart starch, carbohydrates and sugars found in vegetables and sugary fruits.
- Lipase for treating drains containing fats, oils and grease.
- Lactase for the destruction and digestion of dairy products.
Sewer and drain cleaning should be cost effective and efficient. Not only that. But, consumers need to be able to trust a service provider. Therefore, we want to build a relationship with you under our company motto: “Affordable, Efficient and Trustworthy”. We may not of had the opportunity to meet, yet. So, please take the opportunity to visit the “Reviews” tab on this website. All reviews recorded here, on our website have been imported from the actual site they were left on, by the consumer. A hyper – text link is also available under the “Reviews” tab to redirect you to the source from which we imported the review. A clogged drain is frustrating, inconvenient and messy. When you call Anchor Sewer and Drain Cleaning Service in Bellingham, MA (as well as Mendon, Wrentham, Foxboro and Franklin, MA) to restore flow to a clogged drain, we do our best leave your home like it never happened.