After the riser had been installed, it was necessary to break up the scum layer in order to lower the Piranha P-60 into the tank. Looking closely, you can see flushable wipes, imbedded in the scum layer. When the P-60 has had time to digest the scum, the tank will need to be pumped, once again to clean it from all of the wipes and indigestible solids that have been imbedded in the scum. Notice how the dirt remains dry and afloat on top of the scum.
Sewer Cleaning and Drain Cleaning , Drain and Sewer Maintenance, My Kitchen Sink Won’t Drain and My Bathroom Sink Won’t Drain, My Toilet Won’t Flush should be cost effective and efficient. Not only that. But, consumers need to be able to trust a service provider.
The home owner had access to the outlet side of the tank. Since the top of the tank is four feet in the ground, the tank was difficult to pump from just the outlet side. Also, there was no real indication of how bad years of wipes being flushed into the tank was making the performance of the septic system due to the baffles holding the wipes back, until the leach field failed.
What Not to Put in Your Septic System.
- Do not flush anything that will not break apart in the turbulence of flushing a toilet.
- Do not allow vinegar to be poured down a drain.
- Do not use chlorine or bleach products.
- Do not use anything with Oxy Clean (Aerobic systems are exempt from this rule)
- Do not use hand sanitizing soaps.
- Do your best to limit grease and oils from entering the septic tank. (There is no Environmental Protection Agency approved method of removing grease from a leach field once it has settled there).
What is Safe to Allow in Your Septic System?
- Clorox Green is made of coco-nut oil, specifically formulated for septic systems. (Most products which are labeled as organic, eco-friendly or environmentally safe can be introduced into your septic system, keeping in mind, you must count counter balance your septic system’s bacteria with what is opposite of how your system functions.) If your septic system is anaerobic, do not introduce products which will promote the presence of oxygen.
- Borax laundry detergent is a natural mineral that will not harm the bacteria in a septic tank.
- Soft-Soap should replace any alcohol based, anti-bacterial soaps.
- Scotts Toilet Tissue breaks apart pretty quickly in the flushing action of a toilet.
- Promote bacterial growth by aerating the septic system and adding aerobes.
- Place your laundry drain line on a separate septic system or dry well.
Call to Discuss Septic Tank Issues
Anchor Sewer and Drain Cleaning will consult with you over the phone. If in S.E. Massachusetts or Rhode Island, we will do a site visit and give you a free estimate for converting your septic system from anaerobic to aerobic bacteria.